It's only 50 days to the big day when I'm gonna cycle 66 miles (106 km).
The feeling just now is positive, but it's been a roller coaster. Sometimes I panic: "What have I given myself into?" and other times I'm all calm. Experienced cyclists say it's a tough one. Read my previous posts here. Here's my break down on what's needing done:
- just go for it without pressure on time or speed, as often as I can. (These relaxing rides motivates me, feels like a treat)
- keep going with classes and strength training
- 1 spin/indoor cycling per week
- get used to clip on shoes and new bike :O :D
- do 1/3 of the distance - 22 miles
- do 1/2 - 33 miles
- go the whole 66 miles
- hill training
- get a bike (my old ones is OLD, no breaks or gears working)
- get cycle shoes
- get bike rack for car
- prepare gear for the race: water bottles, underwear, trousers, top, jacket, what else?
Little by little, stay positive and breeeeeaaaaattthh are my mantras just now :D Wish me luck!